Friday, March 20, 2009

Shooting Star Inc.

I got such a positive response about my newly evolved end of life decisions to have my body flash frozen into a specific pose and shot into space that I believe this idea can be developed into a business venture.

Think about it:

You can literally become the Silver Surfer, or Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a Buddhist could be frozen into a meditation position, Chuck Norris could be posed, set into a spin and perpetually roundhouse kick for the rest of time.

You could be covered in mirrors transforming you into a star!

Speaking of stars:

Star Wars fans - You can recreate an actual scene from the movie as Darth Vader in his battle damaged TIE Fighter hurtling through space!

The possibilities are endless.

Remains could be set into orbit around Earth, into deep space or shot directly at a particular planet.

You remember how Uncle Buster was always so fond of Jupiter, right?

Even if the orbit is imperfect, or if it is effected by some other object the results are still pretty memorable. Either the deceased will be sent back to reenter the atmosphere harmlessly vaporizing becoming a blazing shooting star as a final tribute or they could be knocked out of orbit and fly off into deep space to boldly go where no man has gone before.

I am now taking up a collection for the start up capitol to get this business off the ground (so to speak).

The first million dollars gets you a complementary space burial and memorial video.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

That pic is a nice tip 'o the hat to Roy Lichtenstein.

Become the Silver Surfer? I AM the Silver Surfer.

20/3/09 10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an idea I can really get behind. I would like to have my body encased in a giant Magic Eight Ball and blasted into outer space.

20/3/09 12:35  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You should go on Dragon's Den!

20/3/09 18:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its like when the vikings sent their dead out on a burning ship out to sea...only into space! Brilliant!!

21/3/09 01:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you market it right I bet you'll get atleast one person!

24/3/09 09:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally love the idea. As I said in the last post - Sign me up! I want to be sent into outer space as Bob's Big Boy!

27/3/09 10:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home