Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Allow Myself To Introduce...Myself…

I was born in Cuba, but my family and I were lucky enough to come to the United States in the seventies. We first settled in Hialeah, Florida. My father obtained a good job in New York so we moved there not too long after. Once we were more established we would move yet again, this time to the town of Hackensack, New Jersey.

After graduating from high school I joined the military where I served for six years. I was a part of Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm and Operation Provide Comfort.

Once back in the civilian sector I obtained a position as a Deputy Sheriff in beautiful Hilton Head, SC.

Three years later my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so I moved back home to help until he passed away. It being just me and my mother now, we moved to South Jersey where I attended Rutgers University courtesy of the G.I. Bill.

Not too long after graduation September eleventh 2001 changed everything and I found myself re-enlisting for another four years. During this time I was part of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. I was injured and eventually discharged.

I moved to Texas, where I met my soul mate and we have been trying to live happily ever after. I work from home for a software firm in New York, creating the artificial intelligences that will eventually be embodied by our machine overlords.

Updated 01/14/08: We've moved to Oklahoma.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now I know why you liked my At Lunch sign in the camouflage...

19/5/06 18:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! Love the links. Ha Ha Ha!!

20/5/06 23:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to "meet" you! :)

25/5/06 13:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, would like to welcome our new machine overlords and I'd like to remind them that I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground microchip maintenance facilities!

15/6/06 14:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog, keep writing!

12/7/06 09:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and God bless.

2/8/06 09:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know...this is the first time I am reading this. There's a lot on here I didn't know. Your life has certainly been interesting so far ;)

17/12/06 14:37  
Blogger LSL said...

Hey, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate the kind words! You have a great story, and the cutest kid in the world :)

13/4/07 20:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alberto forgot to make any mention, whatsoever, of his ability to levitate, speak to dolphins, or exert telepathically a force known only to a few as SUPERZATION!

Haukamanutia...taka.

11/3/08 11:30  
Blogger Mark A. Nickles said...

Glad to have you in the great state of Oklahoma. Thanks for your service.

26/3/08 15:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uniquely interesting blog; one to follow.

4/4/08 00:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Us Jersey boys gotta stick together, you know what I'm sayin'? Fourgettabouit!

4/4/08 16:29  
Blogger Zaira R. Sheikh said...

I like the way you've given your intro. Very candid and I love the pics you've put up. Nicely put.

I am following your blog. Would appreciate if you could visit and participate in our network. We are on the look out for real bloggers who are ready to give their input as well.

http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/speak_your_mind/

See ya around.

15/3/09 02:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home