Thursday, December 25, 2008

What Christmas Means To Me...

Christmas to me means family, love, caring and giving.

As a child, Christmas was always my favorite day of the year. It meant being rewarded with gifts for good behavior, thanks Santa!

As a young man in the military, Christmas was a time of celebrating with other service members. A time of attempting to create a sense of normalcy in a strange place far from home and if I really wanted that RPG launcher, I'd better start calling mom more often...

As I've grown older, Christmas is still my favorite day of the year.

It's a time to enjoy being with the ones I love, to share memories and make new ones, giving instead of receiving, doing what I can for my community and seeing my youth reflected in the eyes of our boy.

As a Christian, Christmas has always meant celebrating the birth of one very special child in particular. The Christ child. A time for midnight mass, giving thanks to God for all that has been done for us and celebrating the true religion of peace.
I hope anyone reading this has a safe and happy holiday!

From all of us to all of you - Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

25/12/08 22:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sweetheart!

I love you!

26/12/08 05:19  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

I spent a few years in the Coast Guard and remember being out to sea on Christmas in 1980. At the time, it was heart-wrenching but now I remember it with great fondness.

Went to mass on Christmas Eve. Who knew there were that many people in the parish?! Hope you have a good holiday.

26/12/08 07:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and God bless!

26/12/08 12:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! Hope you had a good Christmas!

30/12/08 15:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home