Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

To many people, especially the nation's thousands of combat veterans, this day is an important reminder to pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of the men and women who in defense of our freedom have bravely worn the uniform of the United States.

Today, I read stories of celebration and remembrance of our military veterans and I am honored to be among that group of Americans.

I take enormous pride in how my fellow servicemen have fought, how they lived, and now take time to truly remember their sacrifices.

Our brave men and women in uniform – both past and present – are the storm that gives chase to evil and safe harbor to liberty.

From one veteran to another, I salute your service.

To the civilians I'd like to say thank you for your support, it was a pleasure and a privilege to serve.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have seen and done a lot during your ten years of active service.

Thank you for your service during peace time and especially for your service during war. You have been put in harms way on many an occasion and I am glad you made it back each time.

I salute you back my brother. Happy Veterans Day!

11/11/08 09:02  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

In a few hours, the Veterans Day parade will pass by nine floors below along 5th Avenue. The streets are already filling with spectators. This is a big change from the 70s when soldiers returning from Vietnam were met with scorn. And, yes, I’m old enough to remember. This is a most welcome change and I am happy to see it.

11/11/08 09:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service Digital!

11/11/08 09:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heartfelt thanks to you for serving your adopted country.

To all those who serve, thank you.

For those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice:

“Do not mourn that they died, but thank God that such men lived.”

11/11/08 10:48  
Blogger Season said...

Happy Veterans Day!

11/11/08 13:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of my old man, who served 24 years in the Navy, nicely done. Much appreciated.

SA

13/11/08 13:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home