Sunday, November 09, 2008

Talk To Me Goose...

In other political news: Since “Maverick” wasn’t elected the next best thing we can do now is support “Iceman” in his endeavor to represent the good people of New Mexico as their governor.

According to the New York Post, in a cell phone interview from Bulgaria, Kilmer said, "There's a rumor that I'm maybe thinking about running to be governor of New Mexico." "Well, it's sort of true."

Is his ego writing checks his body can't cash?

"After I wrap this film, I'm off to LA to see my kids then home to New Mexico to talk to friends and see what they say."

Sounds like he feels the need...the need for speed.

"I know I'm not yet qualified for the job."

Don’t worry Val neither is Obama and he's about to be President.

"It's not like I need fame. If that's what it's all about, I wouldn't live in New Mexico." (Burn!)

Good luck Val Kilmer, even if you don't win you can still be the governor's wingman any time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I love Val Kilmer.

That whole post was fun...but I say, good luck to him.

9/11/08 10:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is not totally without experience now…he did star in Batman Forever.

Not a horrible actor, but I hate to break it to you Tracy Val looks like this now.

9/11/08 10:41  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

This is why celebs are never taken seriously. I hoping all that posturing about being governor was just a lot of clever sarcasms and messing with our heads.

9/11/08 11:47  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Val Kilmer's leadership credentials:

Science & Technology - Real Genius
Native America Issues - Thunderheart
Intelligence Gathering & Energy Independence - The Saint
Heath Care/Disease Control - Tombstone
Law Enforcement - Batman

9/11/08 12:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! That had me laughing out loud!

Everything I've ever heard about Val Kilmer is that he's one of the worst people to work with in Hollywood. That's why his career has gone downward...not because he's not a great actor, but because everyone who works with him then NEVER wants to work with him again. Apparently he also cavorts around NM "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!"-ing people.

Another appropriate quote from Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison: "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time."

9/11/08 13:41  
Blogger Season said...

Yeah, I've heard he thinks he's a big hotshot and people don't like him much. I don't think that's going to help him in an election. Funny post!

10/11/08 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home