Monday, November 17, 2008

L33t Haxors Pwned My PC

Didn't think it would happen to us, but it did...

Two out of the three computers on our home network were infected by a virus on Thursday that totally incapacitated them.

I had to completely wipe the hard drives and do new installations of the OS and all programs.

We didn't loose any of our personal documents, pictures or mp3s luckily. There are backup copies of all that stuff on an unaffected external hard drive, but it still has been a big pain in the ass.

I'm still attempting to get everything back the way it was and my job's IT department is working on reinstalling all my work related programs.

At least one good thing came of it though...

Since both our computer were down Season and I got two days off from work to just relax together.

So, thanks Zero Cool and Acid Burn for creating that virus and unintentionally allowing me to spend some extra time with my sweetheart. Now go off and hack the planet elsewhere please.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

It’s been a while between posts so I assumed some kind of meltdown took place—either technological or personal. You don’t realize how critical your computer is until it’s gone.

18/11/08 06:55  
Blogger Tracy said...

UGH. I am glad to see you are back up and running. Any computer issue is a pain in the ass and I feel your pain. Welcome back.

18/11/08 08:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sucks, but I'm glad you didn't lose any valuable information.

Welcome back to the inter-webs!

18/11/08 09:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know the computer virus didn't get your personal files, pictures and music. I lost all mine one time and it was really depressing. Be careful out there the internet can be a messed up place. Safe web surfing to you!

18/11/08 11:07  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Why would someone want to hack your computers?

Do you work in Government/Trade secrets?

18/11/08 18:45  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Thanks everybody for your concern and well wishes.

No government secrets, but it still could have been pretty bad.

In my line of work I have access to a lot of confidential information of businesses and their customers: like social security numbers, banking information, etc.

19/11/08 09:33  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Yikes.

[word verif: 'banning' - ha.]

19/11/08 18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home