Thursday, October 30, 2008

Work Halloween Costume Contest

Gaze upon the glory that is this year’s entry to my employer's Halloween costume contest! Laugh all you want, but wish me luck!

Note the gleam of just barley contained Feng shui energy emanating from my finger tips?

Back off or I will rearrange all your furniture for negative qi!

Since I am no longer a cubicle dweller and work from my virtual office here at home I just e-mailed in my submission. This is a lot better then wearing your costume at work all day and trying to be all professional and taken seriously. Well, I suppose the sword could have played a good part in rectifying that aspect though.

I definitely prefer my home office compared to being cubicled.

My usual attire is pajamas, until about noon.

No daily commute, which equals big savings with the high gas prices.

No office politics or gossip, although I sometimes feel out of the loop when I am told about things going on at the NY offices.

Self-discipline and good motivation are the most important part of being a virtual. You won't (and can't) be ‘micro-managed’.

Your efficiency is in your hands and obviously I've spent a very productive work day with getting that picture ready to submit and then blogging about it. Working from home rocks!

Frivolous Fun: Use/look for the Halloween Candy Code tomorrow

12 Comments:

Blogger Season said...

I love how your costume turned out! Good luck with the contest. You should definitely win!

30/10/08 19:59  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Thanks beauty!

It’s a lot better then the crap costume I brought on the internet.

I figure I have a good chance of getting some kind of prize.

Nobody else is going to be carrying around their own background or have feng shui energy shooting out of their fingers.

30/10/08 20:08  
Blogger Tracy said...

WOW ! The picture turned out perfect....I especially love the "feng shui energy" from the finger. You must win something.

30/10/08 21:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll always be a big kid at heart, but that's one of the reasons I love you man.

It's a great picture.

I hope you take top prize!

Oh, and stop bragging about working from home. Some of us still have to make a living the hard way ;)

30/10/08 22:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture..! Good luck for the Halloween costume contest.

31/10/08 04:28  
Blogger Liöüx said...

AWESOME!!!

Good luck in the contest.

I almost won a contest one year going as Mr. Clean®™©™!!!

I may go and see Tragedy®™©™ tonight in my authentic three piece lime green leisure suit from the nineteen seventies.

31/10/08 10:02  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

My NJ Transit Rail Pass is $330/month. That's like a car payment, but without the car. And a nice car! Not like a shitty Geo or anything like that!

The gleem off your fingertips is mezmerizing. It’s making me want to send you money…

31/10/08 11:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool costume. Makes me think of Big Trouble in Little China - best kung-fu movie ever.

Peace,
SA

31/10/08 11:24  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Tracy – I am very happy with the way it came out. Don’t forget to vote for me or I’ll zap you with my feng shui energy and rearrange all your furniture.

Mason – Awww! I love you too brother! You call what you do working? Pffft!

Aleena – Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?

Lioux – You didn’t actually shave your head to be Mr. Clean...did you? "Tragedy" looks awesome! I wish I could go.

The UB – Holy crap! I hope you get reimbursed for that. If you do, you can just endorse the check over to me and my mesmerizing hands.

Sonny – Thanks! Classic young Kurt Russell movie reference. Big Trouble In Little China is great. Shame they never made a sequel. What with the way it ended would have had a perfect setup.

31/10/08 12:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blast me with feng shui energy I think it's a great costume!

Hope you win big in the contest!

31/10/08 16:26  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Awesome.

'Send you money': ha ha.

31/10/08 18:12  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

SAAM – Thanks! I didn’t win though. I may post about the outcome.

Big Daddy – Thank you too!

Yeah, it’s all part of Obama’s plan to redistribute wealth so send all your cash to me. ;)

1/11/08 14:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home