Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Autumn

I love this time of year.

The air has picked up a crisp freshness and the leaves have all these great colors – vibrant oranges, sunshine yellows, deep reds and all these wonderful different shades of green.

The temperature is finally starting to drop which means instead of sweating my butt off mowing the lawn it will soon be time for lazy evenings bundled in a blanket in front of the fireplace with my sweetheart and a good book.

All that delicious seasonal food will be coming around to attend a great big party in my tummy.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.

Then there is my favorite...Halloween.

It’s so much fun decorating the house, carving pumpkins, going to haunted houses, reading horror books, watching scary movies, telling ghost stories, dressing up in our costumes and of course going trick or treating. Candy! Candy! Candy!

We’ve already gotten Gabriel’s costume and it looks great on him!

Unfortunately the costumes Season and I purchased over the internet were absolute crap, so we turned around and sold them on eBay.
I'm working on a substitute though.

So, in honor of Halloween for the next month I am going to try to post something holiday appropriate.

Horror stories, paranormal experiences, videos and I am also going to work on a spooky story I started a while back and hopefully get that posted by the thirty-first too.

Stay tuned!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to this time of year too.

2/10/08 09:31  
Blogger country roads said...

Our leaves must've started turning overnight. I swear Saturday they were still green. I LOVE it.

2/10/08 10:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite time of year also. Here in upstate NY, the leaves started turning a couple of weeks ago.

2/10/08 12:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe...party in your tummy.

I agree this is the best time of the year and I am looking forward to the Halloween posts.

2/10/08 16:55  
Blogger Terry said...

I was scared when I clicked on the link.....what was that all about. I am worried about how you find this stuff.. That is kind of frightening too! Happy Halloween...

3/10/08 18:59  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

SAAM, Country Roads, Jeff and Mason - Must be a guy thing.

Terry - I am guessing you are referring to the party in my tummy link. LOL! The internets can be a scary place...surf with caution. ;)

3/10/08 21:32  
Blogger Season said...

Beautiful picture! I just can't wait for it to get just a little cooler outside.

4/10/08 09:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home