Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bright Lights, Big City...

What is it with headlights today?

They seem to be getting brighter and brighter and brighter.
So super bright that they're blue, headlights. You know the ones, the kind that UFOs use as landing lights. The ones that have roughly the same candle watt power as the Sun. Headlights that can burn out your retinas. These things are so bright Ray Charles would jump up from the back seat and say "What the hell just passed us?!?!"

Yeah, those headlights.

It's not so much the added brightness, but its the aiming, much like taking a piss in a coffee can, aiming is important. Especially with SUV's and large trucks where the plane of main visual focularity is much higher than the normal. They need to be lower, much lower.

Are these people so challenged to see in the dark that they need extra-ordinary amounts of lumens just to see? If so, I really don't want to be driving on the same road as these raving psychos.

So if I flash my high beams at you it's because one of the following:
  1. There is a police officer down the road, beware.
  2. You're a prick and your high beams are on for no reason.
  3. Your lights are set to normal but they are too bright and shining right at me. In short - you're a prick.
  4. You have one light out or on normal and one on high beam. You're also a prick, only now your'e a cheap prick. Get it fixed.
  5. I'm being stabbed, please call for help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

That's why I just don't drive at night anymore...

When someone is behind me with their brights on or tailgating, I like to pull over, let them pass, and then put my high beams on. Because I can be a prick that way!

11/9/08 09:16  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm gonna try Nicole's method for dealing with the situation.

13/9/08 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home