Monday, April 07, 2008

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...

We’re getting ready for our family vacation to Disney World this Thursday and while doing some research I came across this video.

It’s about Tigger being accused of allegedly assaulting a child while they were posing for a photo...



You know the weirdest part about this whole thing?

I’m not surprised at all.

I've always suspected Tigger was a loose cannon. He’s increasingly hyper and strung out, seemingly always on the verge of snapping. Even Goofy, whose demeanor is defined by crazy, unpredictable behavior, never came off as out of control as Tigger did.

Tigger is violent and impulsive. He often behaves erratically, repeatedly taking risks with no apparent concept of the repercussions of his actions. He lacks a sense of fear and responsibility.

Come to think of it, most inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood show signs of some emotional or psychological disorder.

Winne The Pooh with his poor brain development and frequent “accidents” suggest a form of shaken bear syndrome. Among his maladies are cognitive impairment that is aggravated by his obsessive fixation on honey. Also his repetitive counting behavior may indicate obsessive compulsive disorder.

Eeyore suffers from chronic depression and post-traumatic stress disorder over the amputation of his tail, Piglet struggles with generalized anxiety disorder and Owl appears to be dyslexic.

It's high time to peel back the façade of perfection that Disney World has portrayed for far too long now.

Consider this fair warning Disney characters...

While we are at the Magic Kingdom I'll be keeping a sharp eye on all you seriously troubled individuals and if any of you are wandering around off your meds and start to act up around me or my family you better be prepared to for a beat down.

11 Comments:

Blogger country roads said...

I wrote my final paper in college comparing the pooh characters to the Transcendentalists. It got published in the school's journal and is reportedly being used via the internet in various Thoreau-teaching settings. Who knew? I was just drinking beer and rambling....

so, you might be onto something here...

8/4/08 09:16  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Country Roads - I've always thought that cartoonist put more into their work than is visible at first glance.

I found your paper, "Pooh of Walden Pond" quite easily on the internet and if that is an example of what you generate by drinking and rambling then I say - “Get that man another drink!” It’s really great!

The transcendental philosophy needs the leaven of humor to render it light and digestible. ;)

8/4/08 09:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both your writings reminded me of that other little gem The Tao Of Pooh.

Lots of different interpretations to what's really going on in the Hundred Acre Woods.

I remember reading it somewhere that A.A. Milne said that he didn't write the Pooh-books for children in the first place.

8/4/08 12:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out that those Disney characters don't gang up on you by coming at you from all different directions. I hear there are secret passages all over the Magic Kingdom for that very purpose.

Be ready for anything!

8/4/08 12:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, have suffered a VICIOUS attack by a large and seemingly harmless pussy cat as well!

I'll be putting that family in touch with my lawyers.

8/4/08 16:41  
Blogger Liöüx said...

OMG!!!

I smell a new FOX®™©™ special coming ...

"When Disney®™©™ characters attack"...

8/4/08 16:44  
Blogger Jeff said...

Those people (not the ones in costume) should be ashamed of themselves.

9/4/08 14:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!!

10/4/08 21:59  
Blogger Terry said...

I just about fell out of my chair when I read Roy's comment.....

Damn You Lioux!!

Hope you guys have a knock down/drag out good time!

10/4/08 22:02  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

The kid deserved it.

11/4/08 18:05  
Blogger Tracy said...

You know what, I wonder if Tigger hires out, there are a few parents on the sidelines at my nephew's sporting events that could use a good knockdown.

23/4/08 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home