Thursday, April 03, 2008

Drive Me Crazy...

Every time the vehicle in front of me stops to let another car merge into traffic that driver is wasting my gasoline.

Every single time I even tap the breaks, I am dissipating energy.

That energy had been perfectly useful kinetic energy, but now it is just heat, noise and worn down break pads. Thanks a lot.

Now I have to make more kinetic energy and do you know where that comes from?

The fuel in my gas tank...and that shit ain’t cheap.

Their energy is being wasted too, although obviously they don't seem to give a damn. They're too concerned about being polite.

They are exhibiting a reckless disregard for precious resources.

The cost can't be measured in money alone.

I want every single one of you "courteous drivers" to think long and hard about your own contribution to the political climate, the over consumption of natural resources, and the impact on the environment your actions are causing.

That's right; you are making everyone's lives worse in both a geopolitical and climatic sense.

It is like you are trying to destroy the world!

Just stop it and get out of my way already...I’ve got places to be.

11 Comments:

Blogger Liöüx said...

YEAH, DF!

I've got people to do and things to see, myself!

4/4/08 08:41  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Exactly!

Who cares about all those other fools they are trying to be considerate to.

It’s about me damn it!

4/4/08 09:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even worse, those polite drivers who think they're doing a good deed, but are potentially causing an accident by not following the rules of the road.

Rights of way: they exist for a reason. Learn them. Love them.

4/4/08 10:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! And this is why tag lines read "I'm more interesting than you" and not "I'm just plain nicer than you!" :-D ;-)

4/4/08 10:39  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Noelle - Another great example!

I had that happen to me recently...I was stopped waiting to make a left hand turn across two lanes of traffic when this driver, who thinks he is being so magnanimous, decides to just stop his SUV in the left lane to enthusiastically wave me across while the folks in the right hand lane just keep on coming blissfully ignorant of me since my car is hidden by his giant vehicle. He keeps waving and the cars keep coming. Idiot.

AlaskanWindSong - LOL! I can be nice, but I'm not known for my patience or tolerance of the ignorant.

4/4/08 10:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's that Cuban temper of yours mang!

I'll admit it though, I hate those drivers as well. Trying to be nice to me while I'm driving only increases my road rage.

4/4/08 11:52  
Blogger Liöüx said...

Oh. BTW.

If anyone would like to comment before me, go right ahead.

No. No. It's okay.

Just comment.

4/4/08 12:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lioux is causing a comment jam up there trying to be all courteous and crap.

I'll rubber neck and slow everything down even further.

4/4/08 12:25  
Blogger Terry said...

Oh My, DF.... you have picked a topic that is very near and dear to my heart....I will try to keep this short and sweet

excuse me Lioux, may I cut in? smooches,

There are some days that I wish I could go all MAD MAX on courteous (ignorant) motorists, but everyone knows Truckers have the best insurance pay outs and I am not about to make you rich, so go on, cut me off....I feel so helpless, and while you may think I am being courteous too, it just takes me longer to build up that kinetic energy, so go ahead and take advantage of my lack of inertia....never mind... you wouldn't understand.....sigh

4/4/08 12:40  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Mason - Loosy, you got some 'splainin' to do my friend!

Lioux – Quit causing all that gridlock!

SAAM – You’re not helping matters either!

Terry – I certainly have sympathy for the plight of the trucker. I wish you could take out some of these idiots too, mainly before they can breed...just please stay out of my way too. ;)

4/4/08 20:36  
Blogger Tracy said...

Finally ! Justification for me to continue being the non-courteous ass that I am about merging on the highways and biways. Thank you.

23/4/08 12:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home