Wednesday, April 02, 2008

By The Power Of Greyskull!

I have the power! The power to embarrass myself and others!

Season is kind and patient enough to try and introduce me to other adults from time to time. I can usually escape unscathed and without causing too much embarrassment to our family, but at other times...

Well, you know how sometimes you say something and then realize that maybe; just maybe, you should have kept that thought internal?

Me too! We have so much in common, we should hang-out.

Anyway, some vendors from Season's account invited her to dinner and were kind enough to extend the invitation to me as well.

We met up at the restaurant, got through the introductions and opening pleasantries and were just sitting around talking, when somehow the subject of middle names came up.

As we each tossed out our favorite middle name one of the ladies mentioned that she once knew a girl whose middle name was Sheera.

The correct response would have been to nod, perhaps give an affirmative "hmmm" sound and allow the conversation to move on to the next person with a name to share.

Unfortunately, this is not at all how it went.

She said "Sheera", but my brain interpreted it as "She-Ra."

So I said "She-Ra! As in The Princess of Power?!?!?!"

In my mind it was so funny that undoubtedly my witticism would be greeted by gales of laughter, a hearty slap on the back and a look of loving pride from my gal...then there was a moment of doubt.

Before I could stop myself though I looked around the table and realized that I had already said it and said it rather loudly.

So instead...my comment was received by odd looks, a polite giggle from Season (thanks beauty) and a quick subject change.

Please, as if they weren't fans of He-Man And The Masters of the Universe as kids too. Pffffft. Whatever.

Hopefully I didn't embarrass Season too much, but at least I got a free meal out of it.

22 Comments:

Blogger Season said...

Having that name isn't so bad. She's the Princess of Power! Who wouldn't want to be that? LOL!

3/4/08 06:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*odd look*

Hmmm.

You'd think it would be a little warmer this time of year. Wouldn't you?

3/4/08 08:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahhahhahhaa.

AWESOME!!!

We should totally hang...

3/4/08 08:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your own jokes always seem to be funnier in your head, but I would have laughed at that one. It was good!

Who the hell names their kid Sheera anyway?

3/4/08 10:45  
Blogger Terry said...

Too bad your fellow bloggers had not attended the dinner... There would have been less 'pearl clutching' and more snickering.... We could have even activated the Wonder Twins Power, you know, seeing as how we all seem to share the same sense of humor.

3/4/08 11:27  
Blogger country roads said...

Oh my god! I would've died laughing! and probably said the same thing.

3/4/08 12:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know enjoy your sense of humor. That was indeed funny so screw em' if they didn't laugh. At least your girl backed you up with a giggle.

3/4/08 12:56  
Blogger JoLynn said...

I must admit - whenever I slammed down the trunk of my car I would sing to myself - "She-Ra Princess of Power - doot do do". I would have sang it if she had said it to me.

LOL

17/4/08 09:43  
Blogger Tracy said...

I would have laughed and then gone into a list of names....like Sheena, Marduke, Yahtzee, Lulu, Miriam, etc. Your eyes would have been rolling out of your head and off the table.....

23/4/08 12:15  
Blogger Fastread information said...

Hi, Enjoy the article, I'm Manisha, I really want to say sincerely that this is amazing content that you have shared. thanks for this. it's really very helpful for me.

Live Current Affairs
Live Sarkari Naukri
How to get a Government Job easily
Facebook Video Download Online
Sarkari Yojana - PM Modi Yojana

8/9/20 06:16  
Blogger kalyan said...

check our website If you want a suitable life partner on our website https://kalyanammatrimony.in/.

28/9/20 05:30  
Blogger Adnan Ahmed said...

Great content really loved the way it is presented

12/3/21 06:32  
Blogger Adnan Ahmed said...

Great content really loved the way it is presented

12/3/21 06:37  
Blogger etechnocraft said...

Hey, Its Amazing Blog Post And I Found This Very Useful. Thanks For sharing With Us. And Of course Keep Posting Bro.
ATTITUDE QUOTES
LEADERSHIP QUOTES
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES
POSITIVE QUOTES

4/5/21 05:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thedigitalfortress.blogspot.com/2008/04/by-power-of-greyskull.html

29/10/21 03:26  
Blogger Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
House clearance St Helens
House clearance St Helens

2/11/21 06:29  
Anonymous imran khan said...

Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂

13/12/21 03:07  
Blogger Mstech said...

This is very interesting information Hustle-drops-and its benifits

29/3/22 00:55  
Anonymous mycnnews said...

That is very interesting informationiphone company event<>

29/3/22 03:00  
Blogger Mstech said...

Free watching movies online WorldFree4u

31/3/22 05:35  
Blogger Toney Wix said...

I got what you mean , appreciate it for putting up.Woh I am lucky to find this website through google. “I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out.” by Steven Wright.

malayalam quotes
love quotes malayalam
sad quotes malayalam
motivational quotes in malayalam
friendship quotes malayalam

9/4/22 15:40  
Blogger Shivani said...

Thank youfor sharing this amazing and useful information regarding this topic, do check out websocify for growing your business online.

25/8/23 04:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home