Monday, April 16, 2007

The Hunter Has Become The Hunted...

I was at the DMV earlier this morning minding my own business when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed an attractive young lady checking me out. While this in and of itself is not an uncommon occurrence, something about the way she kept looking at me was making me uneasy.

Did she believe she recognized me? Was there an errant booger hanging from one of my nostrils? Was she part of an eloborate sting operation where at any moment agents were going to jump out and hussle me into an unmarked black van? All valid questions...

It was only after I spent a few minutes standing in line that I became aware that the young lady would glance around, look at me, smile, and write something in her notebook. It took me a moment to realize what she was up to. Standing in line at the DMV, drinking coffee, observing people and making entries into a notebook...she was gathering information for a blog.

If I am not mistaken, today’s entry is about me.

How dare she?!?!?

I felt so naked. So used. Worst of all, I had to stand there and endure her glances with full knowledge of what was going on.

That does it. It is on, bitch! The gauntlet has been thrown. We'll see who will post about whom in their blog...Well, I don't have anything else to say about you at the moment, but I'll think of something...

9 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

What a BITCH!

(You don't happen to know the name of her blog, do you?)

16/4/07 14:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I get it...Hunter S. Thompson, clever.

I'm sure she wrote something very flattering, about your booger.

16/4/07 14:09  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Lioux, I believe her blog is called - smugbitchwhocovertlyspiesonpeopleandblogaboutthem@blogspot.com

RV - I'm so clever and your so witty. Well, at least the first part is accurate.

16/4/07 14:24  
Blogger lioux said...

Oh. I've read her stuff before.

Meh.

16/4/07 14:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does you PTSD cause you paranoia much? ;)

16/4/07 15:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad enough to have to be at the DMV at all, but to have someone apparently taking notes about you as if you were a guinea pig in some sort of experiment...wait I've said too much.

16/4/07 15:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at a sudden loss for witty banter, so I'll just say....you're funny. Funny looking....that's probably why she was looking at you.

16/4/07 15:30  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Lioux - My sentiments exactly...

Mason - My paranoia only seems to flare up on Mondays...

Frank - You can't fool me, I'd be able to tell if she was one of the pod people...

JumpMaster - Funny looking huh? Coming from you Corky, that's a compliment...

16/4/07 16:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this bitch you labeled an "attractive young lady" and why is she eyeballin' my man?

16/4/07 17:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home