Sunday, December 24, 2006

What Christmas Means To Me...

Christmas to me means family, love, caring and giving.

As a child, Christmas was always the most important day of the year. It meant being rewarded with gifts for good behavior, thanks Santa!

As a young man in the military, Christmas was a time of celebrating with other service members. A time of attempting to create a sense of normalcy in a strange place far from home and if I really wanted that RPG launcher, I'd better start calling my mom more often...

As I've grown older, Christmas is still my favorite time of the year.

It's a time to enjoy being with the ones I love, to share memories and make new ones, giving instead of receiving, doing what I can for my community and seeing my youth reflected in the eyes of my child.

As a Christian, Christmas has always meant celebrating the birth of one very special child in particular. The Christ child. A time for midnight mass, giving thanks to God for all that has been done for us and celebrating the true religion of peace.

I hope anyone reading this has a safe and happy holiday!

Merry Christmas!

Frivolous Fun: Elf Yourself - Star Wars Christmas - Simon Sez

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Elf Yourself was hilarious.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

26/12/06 13:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from the CEO on the ouija board of directors :)

26/12/06 14:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From all of us to all of you: Merry Christmas!

26/12/06 14:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry CHRIST-mas

26/12/06 15:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, hope you got everything you deserved for being nice and didn't get caught being naughty enough for it to matter.

27/12/06 09:35  
Blogger Rowena said...

Merry Late Christmas Alberto, I hope Santa was good to you and Season this year...what a nice post, thanks for posting it even though I'm hecka late reading it.

27/12/06 17:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

27/12/06 22:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late Merry Christmas!

29/12/06 13:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home