Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's Begining To Look A lot Like Christmas...Part II

Great forecasting huh?
I woke up this morning to a Texas Winter Wonderland!
The weather has generally been consistently warm however, it's finally beginning to feel like it's supposed to at this time of year. It started out last night with a thunderstorm with tons of rain, which turned into freezing rain, then in the early morning sleet, and then a little snow!
Gabriel was hoping that there would be enough snow to make a snowman or have a snowball fight, but there was only about an inch or two that accumulated on the ground.
Season was able to leave work an hour early though to avoid the traffic. With all the ice on the roads people seem to forget how to drive. You’ve got people either going at a snail's pace or driving like maniacs in SUVs and trucks.
It was a nice day and the weather put me in a Christmassy mood.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it would have snowed more. Maybe we'll get lucky and get some next week. I hear another storm is on its way.

1/12/06 10:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much of the white stuff stuck by me, but there's some more heading our way.

1/12/06 12:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to mow your lawn ;)

1/12/06 15:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cold as a witch’s tit here. I'll switch weather with you for a few days.

1/12/06 15:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep the Texas heat thank you, but the snow was pretty.

1/12/06 20:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this time of year.

1/12/06 21:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love winter - but the time I like best here is when we get an ice storm and I can stay home but the trees ALL have this ice coating on every limb , branch and twig - it looks really sparkly and I love that.

5/12/06 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home