Thursday, July 20, 2006

World Jump Day

World Jump Day is an event scheduled for 20 July 2006 at 11:39.13 GMT, at which time six hundred million people from the western hemisphere will jump simultaneously. Scientists at the Department of Gravitationphysik have determined that if this amount of people jump at precisely the same moment, earth's orbit will be changed, the distance from the sun will be increased, and global warming will be eliminated.
You don't have to be a scientist to know that World Jump Day organizations claim was completely unscientific and was a joke.
The folks at Mad Physics.com also debunked the claim in case you were still unconvinced.
But to read some of the comments made at TreeHugger.com you would think that the Earth was in serious danger from the planned event.
What the heck though...Ah, might as well jump. Jump!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I jumped.

21/7/06 12:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, if the earth goes spinning out of control into the sun I'll know who to blame.

21/7/06 23:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it wasn't real, but I am still bummed that I missed it.

22/7/06 22:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to get down!
Get out your seats and jump around!
Jump around!
Jump up Jump up and get down!

24/7/06 08:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not have jumped. I want to see the polar ice caps melt.

25/7/06 21:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home