Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Remember Those Worth Remembering

On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11. Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.

They will honored by remembering their lives, and not by remembering their murderers.

If you would like to help out, either by pledging to post a tribute on your own blog, or by offering your services to promote this cause, email D.Challener Roe at dcroe05@yahoo.com , or visit the web site and/or his blog and sign up by leaving a comment.

The goal is 2,995 blogging volunteers to help with a tribute to the victims of 9/11. If you’d like to participate, you’ll be assigned the name of someone who was murdered on September 11, 2001. Then on September 11, 2006 you’ll post your own tribute to that person. It can be anything you want it to be: a photo tribute, an essay, a remembrance, a poem…it’s up to you. Then link back to a page I will create which will give the names of all 2,996 victims and links to the blogs that will remember them that day.

But, and this is critical, he doesn't want any of us to remember the murderers. Do not refer to the terrorists. Or their organization. Or their goals. Let them fade into nothing. Let them be forgotten. Remember only those worth remembering.

I hope that this tribute works out, it seems like a wonderful idea.
I think the challenge will be in attempting to limit to only 2,995 volunteers once the word spreads. If you read this I urge you to please volunteer.

Thanks to my beautiful woman Season for the head's up on this and also to Teena on who's blog she first read about it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I volunteered for the remembrance. :)

15/6/06 07:59  
Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I tried to go to the link, but it's not working. I can get to the main page, but not the blog.

I'll send off an email, but just wanted to let you know too.

15/6/06 08:04  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

It looks like he is updating or reconfiguring his blog.

I corrected the link though. Thanks!

15/6/06 09:12  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Actually, it seems that my webhost deleted half of my files last night.

Thankfully, they were able to restore everything. Now everything is up again.

Thanks for the publicity. I'll be assigning names later this afternoon.

15/6/06 10:57  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Thanks for the update!

I appreciate you coming by and I'm glad everything is back up again.

I wish you much success on your project, let me know if there is anything more I can help with. :)

15/6/06 11:28  
Blogger Courtney's Cabana said...

I signed up. Thanks for letting us know.

15/6/06 12:05  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Good job :)

15/6/06 13:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in.

15/6/06 15:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad I read this post, that was really moving. I am glad people still remember this day and all the people that were lost on it. I will volunteer to help.

15/6/06 21:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, me too. era um dia triste para todo. :(

16/6/06 16:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home